[Israel.pm] What hurts you most in Perl?

Ronen Angluster beerholder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 02:31:11 PST 2010

well, there 2 main issues:
1. legal
big corporates have difficulty handling the open-source type of licenses.
and since any legal issue can end up costing millions in fees or court
issued
penalties. the company tend to frown upon using such tools.
2. stability
some common CPAN modules are not very reliable.
for example: threads. although it is great and i love using it, there is
almost
no support, and we encountered bugs that due to schedule issues forced us
abandon threads all together and develop solutions using other mechanism
(fork for example)

as an open source developer, i use perl and CPAN modules as much as
possible. i love it.
it gives me great flexibility and saves me a lot of coding time. however,
from the corporate
point of view. this is horrible.

--
Ronen