[Israel.pm] Poll: What are the most important features of an employer or a job opportunity for you?

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sat May 8 19:07:45 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Recently I talked to many people about an idea on how to improve
the communication between companies using Perl and the open source
Perl community. Many managers at companies told me the number
one problem they are facing with Perl is that they cannot find good Perl
developers. On the other hand many good Perl developers I know complain
that there are no good Perl jobs on the market.

What is the reason for this contradiction? Is this because the job
opportunities
are in different locations than the developers? Is this because there
is a gap in
the meaning of "good Perl developer" and "good Perl job"?

In order to try to understand the problem I created a small poll
trying to figure
out what are the expectations of a Perl developer from an employer or a job
opportunity.

In addition to this poll I am also preparing a white paper for companies to
help them understand how they can find more and better Perl developers.
If you are interested in it or you would like your boss to read it,
please let me know.

http://perlide.org/polls/the-most-important-features-of-an-employer-or-job-opportunity/

regards
   Gabor