[Israel.pm] EPIC debugger not stopping at breakpoint
adamb_e at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 16:39:49 PDT 2010
Ok I noticed that I had to start the Debugger first (wasn't intuitive to me) before I could set a breakpoint.
I thought I might have missed this point in EPIC - yet it still doesn't stop at bp unless I single-step line after line.
Back to Padre -
1. Remove breakpoint doesn't work - the line remains marked and next time I run the debugger it still stop at this bp (so it's not just a visual problem).
2. When I quite the Debugger the GUI hangs for ~5 seconds.
Is there a working free Visual Perl Debugger out there?
I've only had the commercial Komodo working for me.
----- Original Message ----
From: Adam BE <adamb_e at yahoo.com>
To: perl at perl.org.il
Sent: Fri, March 19, 2010 12:59:02 AM
Subject: Re: EPIC debugger not stopping at breakpoint
> I don't know much about EPIC but if you gave some details about which
> version of Padre and
> what were you trying to do that it was not working I might be able to help.
> Or you could ask around on the #padre IRC channel on irc.perl.org
strawberry-plus-padre-0.56.msi on Windows XP/Vista.
1. Start Padre - the default shortcut runs: "C:\strawberry\perl\bin\wperl.exe" "C:\strawberry\perl\bin\padre"
2. Create a new file and save it with the following code snippet:
print "first line\n";
print "second line\n";
3. Try to set a breakpoint - you get an error "Debugger not running" - Bug.
On side note there's another bug - the Menu Items are 1/2 in English and 1/2 in Hebrew.
I'd rather have them all in English by default, I believe even Junior programmers need to use an English menu - but that's for another topic :-)
The main thing that prevents me from using Padre is this bug.
More information about the Perl