[Israel.pm] Perl Hebrew tutorial: html edition

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Jan 26 14:50:43 PST 2010

Hi Shmuel!

On Tuesday 26 Jan 2010 23:51:54 Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
> Hi Shlomi.
>
> Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Thanks for your effort.
>
> Well, it was you email (very long ago) that triggered my effort to
> remake that pages.

OK, I don't recall that E-mail I sent, but I'll take your word for it.

> >> I've been working on an html edition of the hebrew Perl tutorial.
> >> So, please take a look here:
> >> http://code.semuel.co.il/perlhebtut_xml/
> >
> > Well, the HTML does not contain an encoding declaration and so my Firefox
> > thinks it is encoded as ISO-8859-1. You really should add a <meta tag
> > and/or
>
> > an <?xml declaration with the UTF-8 encoding. See:
> Maybe only the index was missing this declaration? as much as I can see,
>   any other file had it.

Yes, it seems like this. Still you've given the link to the front page, and
this is the first page people see, and so it may make a bad initial
impression. Please correct it.

> >> Now, I need some decent design for the table-of-content and maybe the
> >> text itself too. because the whole thing is being generated from xml
> >> files, it won't be a problem to implement a change to the entier
> >> tutorial. Anyone knows a nice hebrew tutorial that I can steal it's
> >> design?
> >
> > http://www.shlomifish.org/lecture/W2L/Blitz/slides/
>
> I don't think that this is what I need. it is mostly empty.
> I need a tutorial in hebrew, that have code embedded inside.

Ah, I can help with the CSS design once I am given a good template and style
to base my efforts upon (because my styling skills suck).