[Israel.pm] Perl Hebrew tutorial: html edition

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon Jan 25 15:02:37 PST 2010

Hi Shmuel!

Thanks for your effort.

On Monday 25 Jan 2010 23:45:47 Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
> Hi All.
> I've been working on an html edition of the hebrew Perl tutorial.
> So, please take a look here:
> http://code.semuel.co.il/perlhebtut_xml/

Well, the HTML does not contain an encoding declaration and so my Firefox
thinks it is encoded as ISO-8859-1. You really should add a <meta tag and/or
an <?xml declaration with the UTF-8 encoding. See:

Without it, I'll need to set the encoding manually.

> Now, I need some decent design for the table-of-content and maybe the
> text itself too. because the whole thing is being generated from xml
> files, it won't be a problem to implement a change to the entier tutorial.
> Anyone knows a nice hebrew tutorial that I can steal it's design?

Don't know of anything else with a liberal licence enough.

	Shlomi Fish

Funny Anti-Terrorism Story - http://shlom.in/enemy