[Israel.pm] So why didn't you attend?

Roey Almog (Infoneto Ltd) almog at infoneto.co.il
Wed Jan 20 11:57:40 PST 2010

> Just a note - working for long hours a week makes you under-productive and
> generate less output - not more productive:
>
> * http://www.igda.org/why-crunch-modes-doesnt-work-six-lessons
>
> * http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/06/08/1646234

Well in the first 8 hours I do what can be done in 8 hours
Then in the next 5 I do simple staff that can be done in cruise control mode
all in all I does work of two programmers.... one good programmer and
the other average.

> You can train more Perl programmers using http://perl-begin.org/ and other
> online resources.

I have trained two programmers it took ~ 3-4 weeks till they got
productive but now I do not have this month nor the time to train
them...

And I'm a Perl (among other things) programmer who is
> looking for work. But I'm doing a routine of 40 hours / week.

Well - I'll contact you regarding this