[Israel.pm] So why didn't you attend?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Wed Jan 20 11:42:11 PST 2010

On Wednesday 20 Jan 2010 16:20:04 Roey Almog (Infoneto Ltd) wrote:
> > The hour might be a factor in this, since I know that's what prevented
> > me previous from attending meetings and last night from attending
> > Rehovot.pm's meeting. That doesn't explain why more show up to
> > Rehovot.pm than TelAviv.pm
>
> Do not know about others, for me it always in the wrong time/wrong
> place. Probably because I work ~65Hours/Week ?

Just a note - working for long hours a week makes you under-productive and
generate less output - not more productive:

* http://www.igda.org/why-crunch-modes-doesnt-work-six-lessons

* http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/06/08/1646234

> always a day late and
> trying to be at home just enough so my kids will not think I am a
> salesman trying to sell something when I get home...
> And why so much ? because there are not enough Perl programmers around
> there... And this is because we do not do Perl PR - somewhat vicious
> circle ...

You can train more Perl programmers using http://perl-begin.org/ and other
online resources. And I'm a Perl (among other things) programmer who is
looking for work. But I'm doing a routine of 40 hours / week.