[Israel.pm] Accessing C API from Perl

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Sat Feb 13 02:44:15 PST 2010

Inline::C works. It may be tricky to deploy, you need a compiler where
you run it.

P5NCI generates a lot of code, but possibly is the best tested/proven
of the lot(?).

FFI::Library is designed for your situation, calling C from Perl. It's
not fully automatic nor foolproof (if you make a mistake in the
signatures, you'll crash). It also requires you install ffcall.

I've not used Pike.

Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/