[Israel.pm] Fwd: When Perl Met Android talk at YAPC::EU 2010 - NOW IN VIDEO!

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 13:10:15 PDT 2010

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:57 PM
Subject: When Perl Met Android talk at YAPC::EU 2010 - NOW IN VIDEO!
To: android-scripting at googlegroups.com

Hi all,

The fine people at YAPC::EU got the videos transcoded and uploaded to
PresentingPerl.org, YAPC.tv and Youtube!

One of those videos is the talk I gave about SL4A and how to use it to
run Perl on Android.

I've yet to release the screencast and I still intend to, and I'll
email the list again once I do.

Meanwhile, you can enjoy the video here:
http://www.presentingperl.org/ye2010/android-perl/.

I think the only mistake I made was thinking Google might be using
clibc as the C library for Android, when in fact it uses Bionic.

A major thanks goes to Alex Elder, whose SMS-by-GPS messaging I
showcased. People were very intrigued and I think it sparked a lot of
interest in Android scripting.

Sawyer.