[Israel.pm] HaMakor award to the Israeli Perl Mongers?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Aug 10 12:19:24 PDT 2010

Hi Gabor,

On Tuesday 10 August 2010 21:28:22 Gabor Szabo wrote:
> This year again I missed the  August Penguin http://august.penguin.org.il/
> as YAPC::EU was at the same time but as I just read in the blog of Shlomi
> Fish, we, the Israeli Perl Monger have received the HaMakor award:
>
> http://community.livejournal.com/shlomif_tech/51654.html
>
> http://www.hamakor.org.il/
>
> Congratulations to all of us!

sorry to disappoint you, but that's not exactly the case. What happened is
that we were among the three groups to reach the finals (after being picked up
by the Prize committee) and we took the third place after the Blogli team
(1st) and the Haifa Linux Club (2nd).

We were supposed to get a certificate there, but it was misplaced, and all I
got was a printout which I've given to Rina of Jerusalem.pm (as we were going
to get the final printout sometime into the future).

Nevertheless, that's an achievement we can be proud of.