[Israel.pm] Meeting in Haifa - April 28

Shmuel Fomberg semuelf at 012.net.il
Mon Apr 19 01:56:41 PDT 2010

Hi All.

*** Please notice - the meeting was postponed to April 28 ***

I would like to announce about the next Perl.pm meeting in Haifa.
The talk:

Gabor Szabo - Using Perl on Android based phones
Android is the Linux based mobile operating system developed by Google.
There are many mobile phones and various other mobile devices running
it. The main language that is used for writing applications for it is
currently Java but Android also allows the use of various dynamic
languages such as Perl.
In this talk we'll see how Perl can be used to program Android based
devices.
(I hope that Gabor will show a working example. it would be awesome)

After that, I will give a short talk about what is new in Perl 5.12.
(well, someone have to summarize the long perldelta...)

The meeting will take place in 18:30, April 28, in Qualcomm - Haifa,
MATAM. (near MATAM's the south exit)

If you intend to come but not registered on the Israel.pm mailing list,
please drop me an email so you will be notified in case of changes.

See you all.
Shmuel.