[Israel.pm] Meeting in Haifa - April 21

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Wed Apr 14 00:26:32 PDT 2010

Hi Shmuel (and all),

On Tuesday 13 Apr 2010 23:49:44 Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
> Hi All.
>

> I would like to announce about the next Perl.pm meeting in Haifa.
> The talk:
>
> Gabor Szabo - Using Perl on Android based phones
> Android is the Linux based mobile operating system developed by Google.
> There are many mobile phones and various other mobile devices running
> it. The main language that is used for writing applications for it is
> currently Java but Android also allows the use of various dynamic
> languages such as Perl.
> In this talk we'll see how Perl can be used to program Android based
> devices.
> (I hope that Gabor will show a working example. it would be awesome)
>
> After that, I will give a short talk about what is new in Perl 5.12.
> (well, someone have to summarize the long perldelta...)
>
> The meeting will take place in 18:30, April 21, in Qualcomm - Haifa,
> MATAM. (near MATAM's the south exit)

First of all, I should note that "April 21" is an Americanism which makes
little sense and one should use "21 April" or "21st of April" in Commonwealth
English or Israeli English.

That put aside, we're going to have a TelFOSS meeting at that exact date on
19:00 (in Shenkar College in Ramat Gan). I've mentioned it in this E-mail to
this list on Sunday (which should have been sent earlier if it weren't for the
Passover holiday this year):

http://mail.perl.org.il/pipermail/perl/2010-April/010892.html

As a result, people won't be able to attend both meetings.

We are planning on holding the subsequent TelFOSS meetings on Thursdays, which
will hopefully remove some of this clash.