[Israel.pm] Fwd: Please spare some time to test Perl 5.12.0-RC4, ideally on your code

Levenglick Dov-RM07994 RM07994 at freescale.com
Tue Apr 13 04:35:08 PDT 2010

Spare time?!

Best Regards,
Dov Levenglick
SmartDSP OS Development Leader

-----Original Message-----
From: perl-bounces at perl.org.il [mailto:perl-bounces at perl.org.il] On Behalf Of Gabor Szabo
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 17:10
To: Perl in Israel
Subject: [Israel.pm] Fwd: Please spare some time to test Perl 5.12.0-RC4,ideally on your code

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce at pobox.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Perl 5.12.0 is *very* close at hand.

Please spare some time to test it on your platform and, ideally, on your
codebase. Please send reports of any issues to perl5-porters at perl.org.

Thanks.

Tim.

----- Forwarded message from Jesse Vincent <jesse at fsck.com> -----

Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 01:40:24 -0400
From: Jesse Vincent <jesse at fsck.com>
To: perl5-porters at perl.org
Subject: Perl 5.12.0-RC4

 `It was much pleasanter at home,' thought poor Alice, `when one wasn't
 always growing larger and smaller, and being ordered about by mice and
 rabbits. I almost wish I hadn't gone down that rabbit-hole--and yet--and
 yet--it's rather curious, you know, this sort of life! I do wonder what
 can have happened to me! When I used to read fairy-tales, I fancied that
 kind of thing never happened, and now here I am in the middle of one!

   - Lewis Carroll, /Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/

I've just uploaded the third release candidate for Perl 5.12.0 to
PAUSE. Shortly, you'll find it at:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl-5.12.0-RC4/

SHA1 sums for this release are:

02346e1fcf02cb2359f5e2df6ac38b92d9670d67  perl-5.12.0-RC4.tar.bz2
8fbd1403be63dc0dbf1b85e7f7a7a99b916b399d  perl-5.12.0-RC4.tar.gz

The differences from RC3 are relatively small, consisting primarily of
documentation updates, the removal of deprecation warnings from some
perl4-era libraries and small tweaks to the test suite.

It is imperative that you test this release candidate with any software
written in Perl which you use or maintain.  Because none of these changes
actually alter the execution of code, I've decided NOT to reset the
release count-down timer.

If no "showstopper" class bugs are found in the next 4 days, we will
release a virtually identical tarball as Perl 5.12.0.

You can find a list of errata - known bugs or modules known to be
incompatible with 5.12.0 - at http://dev.perl.org/perl5/errata.html

----- End forwarded message -----