[Israel.pm] Announce of new Podius 5.3.0 release

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Fri Sep 11 03:40:45 PDT 2009

Podius is a nice clean content management and web publishing system:

  http://podius.wox.org/

The new release podius-5.3.0 is available now, it contains a large
number of new features and enhancements:

  http://podius.wox.org/news/2009-09-11/podius-5.3.0-is-released/

Podius is suitable for any medium size project, like a classical web
site (featuring a grouped list of articles and/or customers and similar),
or a more dynamical project (magazine, shop).

Podius is actively used in my company during years. About 20 projects
on about 10 machines are podius based. It is relatively easy to create
a new project in a short time and then manage it by non programmers.

These mentioned machines have a mostly up-to-date podius version from
revision control, this means that even the development code is production
ready. Large number of tests (3000 mini-tests) helps to keep the high
standards of commits.

Some of the more advanced podius-based projects at my company are:
several electronic shops, a web payment system, a pay-per-click system,
web community sites.

It would be nice if more Perl and Unix lovers who need a high quality CMS
try Podius.

Regards,
Mikhael.