[Israel.pm] a Perl-based solution for publishing an online magazine

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 03:49:55 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A few people in the Hebrew University want to create a monthly
> magazine devoted to Spain and Latin America - their languages and
> culture. As i study Catalan, they invited me to participate in it. I
> also offered them my help with the technical side - setting up the
> website etc.
>
> Can anyone here recommend a Perl-based solution for publishing an
> online magazine? I can probably find something PHP-based quite easily,
> but since i love Perl, i would be curious to finally learn some
> Perl-based web package such as Catalyst. I am looking for something
> that is more a magazine than a blog, if it's relevant in any way. And
> of course it must support Hebrew, RTL and Unicode.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You probably want to look at one of the CMS-es.
See Bricolage, Krang and WebGUI.

I have not used either one of those but I'd recommend WebGUI
as they have started to use Padre and started to build a
WebGUI plugin for Padre.

They also have an active community so if there are any RTL issues
I think you can help them iron those out.