[Israel.pm] Informal poll: Why are you (or your company) still using an older version of Perl?

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Oct 27 07:31:50 PDT 2009

A friend of mine is a ClearCase expert. He uses the perl that comes
with ClearCase and they upgrade whenever they want. That's one reason.
That's a possible kind of a technical constraint, but in a way it's
false laziness.

I have an answer to an opposite question: Why don't *i* use perl
*earlier* than 5.10? Because it has features that save me so much
work, that i prefer to invest some time in upgrading and not to keep
dabbling with the older style. It's enough to mention named capture
and smart match. I don't know why some people think differently.

--
אָמִיר אֱלִישָע אַהֲרוֹנִי
Amir Elisha Aharoni

http://aharoni.wordpress.com