[Israel.pm] Informal poll: Why are you (or your company) still using an older version of Perl?

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 07:21:34 PDT 2009

I'd like to understand the reasons why companies do NOT upgrade perl versions
but I don't know what could be the possible answers. I have a few but
I'd like to have a
few more if you have.

1) Something might break in our Perl code
2) We use the same Operating system we used 10 years ago and the perl
that came with it
3) We have XS code that we could not compile with the newer versions of perl
4) We actually tried but it breaks some of our Perl code
5) It does not give us any advantage

What are the reasons at your company or what other reasons have you
heard  from others?