[Israel.pm] File::Find::Recursive

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Oct 22 02:17:02 PDT 2009

Hi everybody!

On Thursday 22 Oct 2009 09:37:28 Uri Bruck wrote:
> Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Hi Dov!
> >
> > See below for my inline response.
> >
> > On Thursday 22 Oct 2009 07:19:25 Levenglick Dov-RM07994 wrote:
> >> You must be kidding! Here goes
> >
> > I was not. I am trying to educate people to send me properly formatted
> > E-mails and may refuse to reply to them without the poster complying with
> > proper style and formatting guidelines. See for example:
> >
> > http://zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/2009-September/013185.html
> >
> > Book Publishers have tight typesetting rules, which yields more readable
> > rules. Human languages have proper rules for spelling, grammars,
> > syntaxes, punctuation, idiomatic writing, etc. which result in them being
> > easier to understand and digest. There are similar design decisions in
> > GUI programs, CLI programs, programming languages, coding etc.
> >
> > Likewise, E-mail has some netiquette rules for formatting, sending and
> > replying that result in it being easier to read, and easier to
> > understand.
>
> You mean rules like - avoid criticizing people in a public forum ?

There's a lot of stuff I can say in response to it, but I won't. Instead, I
would admit defeat. I apologise for criticising Dov in public, and offer him a
complementary beverage of his choice during the next time we meet (and I'm
afraid I have yet to associate his name with a face.). Since he's working for
FreeScale and has the telephone of +972-9 (which is the Sharon) he is likely
to be located in Herzeliyah Pituakh, which is pretty convenient from me. I'll
call him about scheduling a meeting.

In any case: $shlomi_fish-- $uri_bruck++ (compromising for brevity over good
practices - varvarname. - ;-)).

[Trimmed]