[Israel.pm] A bit about Python

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Nov 17 02:51:08 PST 2009

Hi Amit!

On Tuesday 17 Nov 2009 12:21:48 Amit Aronovitch wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Avishalom Shalit <avishalom at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > oops.
> > i see that my previous comments were not accepted to the list (gmail's
> > default "rich formatting)
> btw, does PDL work with perl6 (I'll probably find out today in Rehovot
> anyway :-))?

PDL is a perl 5 (the implementation) thing primarily and uses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XS_%28Perl%29 (perl 5's XS) with C and Fortran
code extensively. It should be doable to port it or create something similar
for Parrot and Rakudo (and there may be something in the works there) or for
Pugs where I believe there used to be a perl 5-for-Pugs bridge.