[Israel.pm] A bit about Python

Avishalom Shalit avishalom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 23:45:00 PST 2009

oops.
i see that my previous comments were not accepted to the list (gmail's
default "rich formatting)

--------
[deleted, CPAN...]

to add, backward compatibility is not good

e.g. numpy works under python 2.4 and 2.5 (not perfect, last i tried)
but not under 2.6 (last i tried and gave up.) and certainly not under
3.
maybe it now does, but i gave up

a new version of the language breaking the modules is very frustrating.
------
about the syntax,
well, it is only expected that different languages have different
syntax , the "map" syntax is reminiscient of SQL and not very much
unnatural for a human language.
though it may get ambiguous if the clauses get bigger.

-- vish

-- vish