[Israel.pm] Number of Indentation Levels in Ruby and Perl

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Sat May 30 12:23:48 PDT 2009

On 30 May 2009 19:42:43 +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> My question is: can anyone explain why are 4-ws-increments good enough
> in Perl, C, and other languages, but they tend to be insufficient in
> Ruby code?

This question is redundant for developers who prefer to optimize and
simplify coding and to use one symbol per one indentation level in code
in any language.

Then both author and his readers/collegues may configure any indentation
size they want in their editors.

Really, I don't see a point in your question. There are no such rules as
you presented. I successfully use Tabs for indentation in Perl, C, Python
and Ruby. You can view such code using 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 spaces per tab.
And as for the compactness of the code, it highly depends on a developer.

Regards,
Mikhael.