[Israel.pm] Fwd: [PHP-Israel] Fwd: [pm_groups] White Camel Nominations

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon May 25 01:26:37 PDT 2009

Subject: [PHP-Israel] Fwd: [pm_groups] White Camel Nominations
Date: Monday 25 May 2009
From: Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com>
To: Israeli PHP users group <php-israel at php-israel.org>, Jerusalem Perl
Mongers <jerusalem at perl.org.il>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David H. Adler <dha at panix.com>
Date: Mon, May 25, 2009 at 5:33 AM
Subject: [pm_groups] White Camel Nominations
To: PM Group list <pm_groups at pm.org>

If you would forward this to your groups it would be very greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

dha

-----begin message----

Every year the White Camels are presented for service to the Perl
community.

If you look at the previous winners, you'll notice that these are mostly
unsung heroes, like previous awardee Eric Cholet, the human moderator of
so many Perl mailing lists, or Jay Hannah, one of the people running
pm.org (if you ever created/maintained a pm group, chances are that Jay
walked you through the process).

Some of these people may be well known, like Allison Randal or Randal
Schwartz, while others may be complete strangers to at least part of the
globe, like Josh McAdams or Jay. Some of them may be extreme Perl
hackers who created the original JAPH, but they actually received this
award as a recognition for their community contributions to Perl rather
than for their programming ability.

That's not to say a great hacker can't receive the award, but you don't
have to be one in order to be eligible.

That being said, the nomination process for the 2009 White Camels is now
open.

If you think there's someone who deserves a White Camel, this is the
time for you to send in your nominations. Send them to
whitecamel-suggestions at pm.org, if possible with a subject along the
lines of "White Camel Nomination :: $name". Make sure you properly
identify the nominee and tell us why you think that's a worthy
nomination.

Don't go thinking "nah, somebody else will do it" because: a) everybody
else may be thinking the same, and b) you may state your case
differently than the next person.

We'll be receiving nominations until June 21, 2009, by midnight, but
don't wait up or you'll forget. Do it now!

-----end message----
--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
My glass might be half empty, but I am on the way to the bar