[Israel.pm] Perl GP?

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Wed May 13 21:05:49 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM, Shmuel Fomberg <semuelf at 012.net.il> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have come across a site that offer Perl GP, but could not understand
> what it is, how is it different from Perl itself, and how is it
> implemented on Perl.
>
> http://perlgp.org/
>
> Any idea?

It seems to be just a set of Perl modules and scripts
for some biology related game.

You know the type of games living creatures normally play.

Quote from the authors site:

"Like other evolutionary algorithms, genetic programming (GP)
simulates the processes of fitness-based selection,
reproduction and mutation seen in natural populations."

but I hate this:

use Population;
use Individual;
use Algorithm;
use Cwd;

( taken from http://perlgp.org/docs/manual/manual/node11.html )

do all those four modules belong the PG or is the Cwd the standard one?
Why not call them sg like this:

use PG::Population;
use PG::Individual;
use PG::Algorithm;
use Cwd;

then it could be also uploaded to CPAN as well.