[Israel.pm] Hebrew on jobs.perl.org

Ephraim Dan E.Dan at F5.com
Tue May 12 23:21:07 PDT 2009

Looks like a problem within the site, either how the characters are stored, or converted when building the page.
If you look at the source, you see this stuff:

úåëðéúðé PERL òí ...

i.e. it's already turned into HTML entities on the server, but it's gibberish, so browser encoding won't do a thing...

--edan

-----Original Message-----
From: perl-bounces at perl.org.il [mailto:perl-bounces at perl.org.il] On Behalf Of Gabor Szabo
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 09:03
To: Perl in Israel
Subject: [Israel.pm] Hebrew on jobs.perl.org

hi,

I have just noticed this job posting http://jobs.perl.org/job/10402
which I guess is written in Hebrew but at least I can only see
other funny characters: úåëðéúðé

I tried to set the encoding in my browser but it did not change a thing.
Any idea how could this be fixed ?

I guess I'll need to contact  Ask Bjørn Hansen, the maintainer of the web
site to do something but before I contact him I wanted to get your
advice on what could be the solution ?