[Israel.pm] A small note about quote-like expressions

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes sthoenna at efn.org
Mon Mar 30 23:49:26 PDT 2009

On Sun, March 29, 2009 1:52 pm, Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
> print 1 if "shalom world" =~
> m{shalom # start { \s #whitespace }
> }x;
>
> if the expression is braced, and can include comments ( the x modifier )
> then the braces in the comments must be balanced too, or we will get a
> compilation error.
>
> If it is not braced, then the separator char must not appear in the
> comments.

That part is explicitly mentioned in

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlop.html#Gory-details-of-parsing-quoted-constructs

Perhaps it should be changed to show the braced case, since the non-braced
case is more easily deducible from the braced case than the reverse.

How do you do on parsing

http://perlmonks.org/?node=Things+are+not+what+they+seem+like%2E
?