[Israel.pm] What advantage would Perl give to a University student?

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 03:47:52 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Avishalom Shalit <avishalom at gmail.com> wrote:
> to cover a different benefit.

> I have often found myself preformatting data files (for example to be
> used in matlab) with perl.
> i may have been able to do this with awk, but i am not fluent in awk.

I never used Matlab but I often encounter people in my classes who are talking
about using Perl and  Matlab together. So far I have not managed to understand
what this means. I'd really appreciate if you wrote a couple of examples on
how you used the two together (and why :-).

reagards

Gabor Szabo                     http://szabgab.com/blog.html
Perl Training in Israel         http://www.pti.co.il/
Test Automation Tips        http://szabgab.com/test_automation_tips.html