[Israel.pm] Fwd: [Telux] Next Meeting: "High-Level Programming Concepts Using Perl 6" on 22-March

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sat Mar 14 02:01:29 PDT 2009

Hi Evgeny!

Before I reply to what you said in regards to Perl's deficiencies, here's a
comment about E-mail etiquette.

On Saturday 14 March 2009 01:35:44 Evgeny wrote:
> Oh! (sorry for spamming)

You should be. You just sent me and the list three messages sized 20 KB, 22.2
KB, and 25 KB respectively. What you did in each of the messages was Top-
posted your answer (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style ), while
quoting the entire message below, without trimming it. Furthermore, each one
of your messages included an HTML version of the text which increased its size
by over 100%.

Next time, I suggest you:

1. Do inline replies.

2. Trim the text.

3. Try to configure your mail client to not include an HTML attachment.

Regards,

	Shlomi "Die! GMail! Die!" Fish

> ... but I forgot the very first and most important
> thing that I could not do in Perl! :)
> In the original Ruby Cucumber, the "Given"/"When"/"Then" are functions that
> have a regexp and a block. After trying to do the same with Perl, and still
> keeping the %matchers hash simple - I had to put these words inside the
> regexp. And I don't really know how I can concatenate regexps, or add
> additional things to an existing regexp. So at the end it was simplified by
> moving the words themselves into the regexp. The other solutions that I
> attempted added complexity and code and duplication, and this is something
> I want to avoid.

What Makes Software Apps High Quality -  http://xrl.us/bkeuk

read.