[Israel.pm] Unicode problem

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 02:00:08 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Peter Gordon wrote:
> I have a Unicode string in a program, and a unicode string on in a file,

> What do I need to do to get them to display and match as equal?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

I think you need to add "use utf8;" at the beginning of your Perl
script, in order to tell perl that you have UTF-8 strings embedded in
your program source. See "perldoc utf8" for more details, as well as
"perldoc perlunicode".

You didn't mention your Perl version, if it's pre-5.6 you might not
have any luck with Unicode no matter what you do...

Cheers,
--
Offer Kaye