[Israel.pm] Parallel jobs

Yossi Itzkovich Yossi.Itzkovich at ecitele.com
Mon Jun 8 04:44:22 PDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to ask how you people work with parallel jobs (processes/threads) in Perl (>=5.8.4).
I know there are simple built in commands (open, fork etc.) but I am asking about higher order managers.
Threads might be good - but not enabled by default in Perl build -so I am limited (also not all modules are thread safe).
I have been using Parallel::Jobs for a while, and I read a little about Parallel::Forker, but I wanted to know if there are better alternatives out there.

Thanks for your help.

Yossi