[Israel.pm] PDL or Matlab?

Roey Almog (Infoneto Ltd) almog at infoneto.co.il
Mon Jun 1 00:11:12 PDT 2009

Matlab does not need Perl.
It has its own script and it can be compiled into stand alone application:
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk_r13/help/toolbox/compiler/ch04st20.html
However Matlab has its tag price

Perl on the other hand has PDL that can do many things on vector and
matrix  and it is free.

If all you need vector or matrix operation PDL will do.

Matlab has more, much more then that it is one of the most complete
math toolkits with development environment.
Matlab is also utilizing the new multi-core processors etc.

to put it short - PDL will do if all you need is number crunching on
shoe string budget

Roey