[Israel.pm] open - pipe question

Amit Aronovitch aronovitch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:08:20 PST 2009

Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I don't actually know which "dir" command I actually hit,
system("which dir");

should clear that ...
> but whatever
> it is, if it works in the first code why don't it work in the second?

My guess is that it does not.  You just dont see it because you only see
the stderr of the last process in the chain (wc).
1) Check that with an example that actually produces non empty grep-output
2) Try adding "2>/tmp/myfile" after the dir

> btw, /b = bare, (only file names, no headers and such) and /s is recursive.

I guess these refer to the DOS dir. If you hit the cygwin dir, no wonder
it fails...

    Amit