[Israel.pm] Perl equivalent of Python configparser

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Wed Jan 7 22:18:07 PST 2009

Hi Amos,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 4:46 AM, Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I asked for a scriptable way to manipulate (read AND write)
> CentOS yum configuration files I was pointed to Python configparser
> (http://docs.python.org/library/configparser.html).
>
> Is there anything like this for Perl? All my scripts are in Perl and
> I'd like to try to stick to it. Searching CPAN and google so far
> haven't come up with any results.

I've never used it myself, but there's a Config::YUM module that's worth a try.

If it doesn't do what you want, and you can't find something that
does, I'd suggest extending Config::INI::Reader (it's designed to be
extended, and rjbs' code is good).

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/