[Israel.pm] Padre 0.24 released - your help needed with vi and Mac

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 00:55:27 PST 2009

Hi,

The new release of Padre was just uploaded. See announcement below.

I'd like to thank Shlomi for organizing the TELUX/OSDC/Israel.pm meeting at TAU.
As I mentioned there it would be nice if you guys could help with the
Vi plug-in.

Now I have some explanation why :-)

In order to have Padre get more core developers we need to be able to
provide them
with some of the stuff they are used to. A large chunk of those people are using
vi and they are so used to the vi-style editing that they won't switch
or even consider
Padre before we have a reasonable support of it.
That's the reason I started to write the Vi plug-in but now I have
lots of other things to
focus on so it would be great if some of you could pick up the
existing code and add
the missing most critical features.

It is also true that a large chunk of the core perl developers are
using Mac. We know
Padre (specifically wx) has some issues on Mac so if there was someone who has
a Mac and could help us out in figuring out the issues and making it
work there as
well, that would make a huge impact on who could use and develop Padre.

regards
   Gabor