[Israel.pm] preferred way for installing CPAN modules?

jaime.prilusky at weizmann.ac.il jaime.prilusky at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Dec 28 21:58:50 PST 2009

According to "Amir E. Aharoni" <amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il>:
> (installing dependencies. At this point i am usually asked whether
> it's OK to install dependencies. I wish i could tell it to always
> install dependencies, but i can't find how to do it in the docs.

This will make cpan to download and install all dependencies:

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> o conf prerequisites_policy follow
cpan> o conf commit
cpan> quit

Jaim
 Dr Jaime Prilusky                      | Jaime.Prilusky at weizmann.ac.il
 Head Bioinformatics                    |
 R&D Bioinformatics and Data Management |
 Department of Biological Services      |
 Weizmann Institute of Science          | fax: 972-8-9344113
 76100 Rehovot - Israel                 | tel: 972-8-9344959

 OCA, http://oca.weizmann.ac.il (the protein structure/function database)
 Proteopedia, http://proteopedia.org (because life has more than 2D)