[Israel.pm] Helping Perl a little

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 23:31:35 PST 2009

When I mention to people that they could also easily give back to the
Perl community they often tell me they have no code to contribute or that
their employer won't allow to share their code.

So here is a totally different way to give back to the Perl community.

DMOZ - The Open Directory Project is a hierarchical list of many web pages
use by all the major search engines to enhance their site.

Listing more Perl related sites in the directory will improve their position
on the search engines and people will be able to find those sites more easily.

I recently looked at it and could not find Padre, nor many other major
Perl related links.

So if you can spare a few minutes a day, you could help the Perl
community by becoming
and editor of DMOZ and then adding many of the missing links.

DMOZ: http://www.dmoz.org/

A few missing links I mentioned in a recent blog entry:
http://szabgab.com/blog/2009/12/1261376582.html

regards