[Israel.pm] Perl 5.6 on Win32 is falling off the map

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Tue Dec 15 09:55:16 PST 2009

Sorry, I don't get it.

If it's important to you to have 5.6 test results because it is a
platform you wish to support, and you want to have a picture of module
viability before you install something yourself, all you need to do is
participate in the automatic testing system that people have already
built. Look how close you are to what you want: modules in CPAN
usually have good tests, there's a system to collect these results
across many users, and so on. As 5.6 became less widely used, fewer
people donated their compute powers to keep it in the matrix, but
that's both to be expected and easily remedied by whoever cares (you).

I don't understand the the point of your comment about the employer
being a large corporation. If anything, larger companies are easier to
convince to make a small, safe investment in quality assurance.

If you're torn personally and want 5.6 to die, don't tell any of the
above to the company. If you want your project to succeed on that
platform too, do.

Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/