[Israel.pm] nmake problem

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:35:31 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 1:02 AM, Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> ... Or that ActiveState didn't bother to pack a version of it for PPM,
> even though it could have been easily installed on Windows even
> without a C compiler. That's how the things were, when i last tried to
> run PPM in 2007. Maybe it improved since then.

Actually I think ACtivePerl and the ppm packages have improve a lot in the
past 2-3 years probably due to the strong competition Strawberry Perl created.

There is also a plan to create a Strawberry Perl professional
(used to be code named Chocolate Perl, to play on the heavier flavor)
that will include lots of interesting modules and Padre, the IDE as well.