[Israel.pm] nmake problem

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Wed Dec 9 05:52:01 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 14:22, Chanan Berler <bc.other at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks again....looks like i will be the only one around me who works with perl
> Promise, cross my heart to use strict this time :-)
>
> Never thought about it, am used to work with ActiveState...let me try
> workign with it...
> PS: is it all compatible ? then why are there 2 perl flavors ?

It is designed to be *more* compatible with CPAN, if that's what
you're asking. I suppose that it's not any less compatible with
Windows than ActivePerl is.

And that's also the reason for making another flavor - ActivePerl
wasn't compatible enough with CPAN. (That's how i understand it, feel
free to correct me.)

And there are more than 2 flavors for Windows - there's also Cygwin, a
Unix-like working environment that runs on top of Windows (not a VM).
It includes bash, Perl, gcc and many more familiar tools from Unix. I
use it a lot, although it has its problems, too.

--
אָמִיר אֱלִישָע אַהֲרוֹנִי
Amir Elisha Aharoni

http://aharoni.wordpress.com