[Israel.pm] Booking.com in Hebrew

Roey Almog (Infoneto Ltd) almog at infoneto.co.il
Wed Dec 2 23:29:43 PST 2009

Gabor Hi,

I found it hard to explain why Perl -

The truth - we do not use PR in Israel (In the world I see that things
started to change)

We do not create buzz

What we need is much more then booking.com

Have a look at perl.org.il - "On Sunday, 27 July 2008 (at 18:30),
there will be a meeting of OSDClub Tel Aviv." - 2008 ????? wow no one
use Perl ins Israel last meeting was in 2008

I think that I and anyone else here is to blame - we do not spend time
doing what is needed to sell Perl to the Israeli market we let .NET to
rule supreme (and for many cases for the wrong reasons,  sometimes let
admit it it is better suited).

Maybe we need to create something like the Israel Perl Foundation find
some sponsors and start
updating things on regular basis -
1. Perl.org.il - new updated design and content
2. Free workshops for beginners to show the potential - I did in my
company for new programmers used to Java & C# and the where left with
mouth opened when they so that Perl is so easy.
3. PR - lot of PR - CTO's IT managers, R&D ,managers must see we exists

Now all this cannot be done by volunteers - we need funding

I wrote this as I think without thinking to much ( :- )  ) so feel
free changing and adding but something should be done !

Roey