[Israel.pm] gzip / gunzip

Berler Chanan chananb at centerity.com
Sun Apr 12 03:15:54 PDT 2009

NSClient found on windows
nrpe agent found on linux/unix

-----Original Message-----
From: perl-bounces at perl.org.il [mailto:perl-bounces at perl.org.il] On Behalf
Of Berler Chanan
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2009 11:55 AM
To: 'Perl in Israel'
Subject: Re: [Israel.pm] gzip / gunzip

The idea:

1) Host will gzip+tar the NSClient directory (for backup only)
2) Download a new NSClient (already gzipped) from a web site
3) Uninstall NSClient (I am not sure if the plugin will continue running
from this point on)
4) Unzip/Untar the new NSClient
5) Restart NSClient using the previous nsc.ini

Parts 2 and 5 I already have, what I need is the option to tar+gzip the
folder NSClient and another function to unzip the new
tarred/zipped file.

Thought someone already have an example for tar+zip folders, and another
example for untar/unzip the gz file created.

Thanks
Chanan