[Israel.pm] OT: how can you limit your search to a block in vi or emacs?

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Mon Sep 8 13:22:14 PDT 2008

On Monday, 8 בSeptember 2008, Levenglick Dov-RM07994 wrote:
> Using gvim, you can mark the area that you want to search with your
> cursor. Pressing : later on operates only on the marked area.

This only create special marks '< and '> as can be seen when you
press : after that. While this limit : commands (e.g: the substitute
command as I noted in an earlier post), it does *not* limit the
search command.

Test it.

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that
created them.
                 -- A. Einstein