[Israel.pm] Padre 0.07 released

Oren Maurer meorero at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 04:22:13 PDT 2008

Hi Gabor.

I have just installed it on the Win XP PC I have at work, with
ActivePerl 5.10.0 Build 1003.

I have two comments / problems that I have seen also in previous versions:

1.
It seems that Padre does not ignore comments in the code.
If i have the text "sub addem" inside a comment, and than as a real
subroutine start - both are displayed in the right-hand pane.

The same is with "for" inside a comment - it's displayed in the right side.

Example:
I open a Perl program that has comments and subroutines like this.

## Here is the sub addem
sub addem  {
}

The "addem" is displayed 2 times in the right.

2.
After going around my code, between my various subroutines, I try to
open the Cotext-help   Ctrl-shift-H.
Padre tries to load the PodViewer -  but it gets stuck .  I must "kill" it.

Best regards
and thanks
      Oren Maurer

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am happy to announce that Padre 0.07 has been released.
>
> ** What is Padre?
>
> Padre stand for Perl Application Development and Refactoring Environment
> but in fact it is only a text editor with an oversized ego.
>
> It is planned to be cross platform (Linux/Windows/OSX), open source
> Perl IDE  written in Perl.
> While it is still in its early development phase it is already usable.
> I have been using it for nearly all my work almost since I started to write it.
>
> ** Features
>
> Some of the features it already has:
>
> - syntax highlighting for several languages
> - autocompletions
> - execute your perl script from within the editor
> - list of existing subs
> - brace matching
> - split view on the same document
>
> ** Installation
>
> It is available as a CPAN package but some of its prereqs are a bit hard
> to install so installation instructions can be found on
> http://padre.perlide.org/wiki/Download
>
> Comments, suggestions and patches are welcome!
>
> regards
>   Gabor
>

> --
> Gabor Szabo http://szabgab.com/blog.html