[Israel.pm] Padre 0.06 released

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 07:12:28 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Oren Maurer <meorero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> In continuation with my last reply...

I think you still need to install the Wx module.
>From your previous post it seemed you only installed  Alien::wxWidgets

> I had some yaml::xs problems with my ActivePerl 5.10.0 Build 1003.
>
> I found that if you encounter the following error:
>         Usage: YAML::XS::LibYAML::Load(yaml_str) at
> C:\Perl\site\lib/YAML/XS.pm line 70
>
> - than you have to do this:
>
> [reach the cpan shell:]
> C:\>cpan
> cpan> o conf yaml_module ''
>

> cpan> o conf commit
> commit: wrote 'C:\Perl\lib/CPAN/Config.pm'
>

> cpan> q

(See: http://groups.google.com/group/de.comp.lang.perl.misc/browse_thread/thread/3a347d02a1ebf464)

that's a strange bug in ActivePerl I guess.

> ====
>
> Now... Gabor:
>
> On the cpan shell (from DOS / CMD) I have tried to do this:
>
>  cpan> install Padre
>
> It downloaded and installed various .pm's and files.
>
> BUT - ended with the following:
>
> //hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try:
>  reports SZABGAB/Padre-0.06.tar.gz
> Warning (usually harmless): 'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent stat
> Running Build install
>  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
> Failed during this command:
>  RDF/Clone-0.29.tar.gz                        : make NO
>  ADAMK/PPI-1.203.tar.gz                       : make_test NO
>  ADAMK/Module-Inspector-1.05.tar.gz           : make_test NO
>  MSERGEANT/DBD-SQLite-1.14.tar.gz             : make NO
>  KWILLIAMS/PathTools-3.2701.tar.gz            : make NO
>  SZABGAB/Padre-0.06.tar.gz                    : make_test NO
>

> What is it?
> Is it installation error?

yes it seems lots of things are broken there.

> I pasted here only the last lines - do you need more?

Do you have CPAN::Reporter installed?
If not it would be great if you installed it first. Then your failure
reports would
be already sent to the CPANTESTERs database for further lookup.

Anyway. I am not sure I can help but maybe it is better to install as
much as possible
using ppm. So you can try to install all the modules listed above using ppm.
Then try to install the remaining modules one-by-one and send ALL the
output of the
first one that fails to the mailing list.