[Israel.pm] What is missing from Padre?

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 02:33:32 PDT 2008

Hey

What about being able to read VIM syntax files using Text::VimColor?
Maybe read Emacs syntax files somehow. I'm not familiar with Emacs.

I'll go over the code but I'm not sure I would be very useful since
I'm not familiar with wxPerl. I'll check the YAML also.

I've also found a bug with bookmarks:
1. Open 3 files.
2. Create a bookmark on the 2nd file.
3. Close the 2nd file.
4. Try to reach the bookmark.
You'll reach what was the 3rd file (which is now the 2nd file).

I'm guessing it's because you're just bookmarking the Nth file and
trying to reach it again. Maybe giving each file an (UU)ID according
to the full path might be better, or just using the full path as the
key in the hash.

Suggested features:
- Firefox finally added a feature to remember the tabs you had open
because it was closed improperly. Having it in Padre would be pretty
nifty.
- Having a built in terminal would be nice.
- Some shortcut keys to move between tabs (when you have more than 7
it gets annoying to reach the Alt+N and think of which tab is which
number)

I'll check out that source now. Maybe I could write some patches.