[Israel.pm] What is missing from Padre?

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:11:36 PDT 2008

Hi,

thanks for your detailed answer. I'll try to address all of them in time
but let me focus on the highlighting and the colors now.

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:10 PM, sawyer x <xsawyerx at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Highlighting:
> - Cant change the background color: I really adapted to the VIM
> highlighting over black. It's much easier for the eyes - and the
> monitor. So it'd be really nice if I could pick the background color
> or even color scheme (to fix the black on black in case of changing
> background color).
> - The highlighting seems very stale, there's just 3 colors basically,
> occasionally I hit a 4th color.
> - no highlighting for HEREDOCs.
> - __END__ doesn't provide different colorings and attracts the eye as
> valid code - which it isn't.
> - Doesn't recognize special chars (\n, \t, etc.) inside quotes.
> - No highlighting for programmers keywords (TODO, XXX, etc.)
> - "something\"$var\"anotherthing" - highlights doesn't recognize the
> $var inside it.

I have split out most of the highlighting and styling to a yaml file currently
located in share/styles/default.yml
There is still some part in the code in the Padre::Wx::Editor class.

So I'd really appreciate if you could take the time, check it out
from subversion ( http://svn.perlide.org/padre/trunk/ )
and sent me a new yaml file. The default will have to remain with
white background but I don't mind adding another style with dark
background as well. (and then I'll even add a menu option to select
the style.

If you need to change things that are still in the .pm file I'd be glad to
receive patches for that.

regards