[Israel.pm] help with vi-mode of Padre

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Nov 25 13:01:55 PST 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> In Padre I started to add a plugin to allow the user to have vi-style
> key bindings.
>
> I can try to implement every keystroke vi has but that's a lot of work
> and it might
> not be necessary for the most of us. you know the 20/80 rule.

I don't intend to discourage you, but "Joel on Software" said something
important about the "80/20 rule":

> So I'd like to ask for help from the local vi users.
>
> Please check out the trunk of Padre from SVN
> http://svn.perlide.org/padre/trunk/
>
> install all the prerequisites and try using the vi plugin.
> (Currently it is still in the main tree of Padre)
>
> Every time you encounter a key that you'd like to use
> and does not work in Padre, let me know.
> I'll try to implement it ASAP ...
> ...so you can find me more.

I can try, but I can warn you that I've been using Vim for many years now, and
am using a relatively large subset of its functionality. Probably not close
to 20% of it (because vim really has a lot of functionality), but still
enough to make your work unfocused.

> regards
>    Gabor

Original Riddles - http://www.shlomifish.org/puzzles/