[Israel.pm] graphics in perl

Malka Cymbalista Malki.Cymbalista at weizmann.ac.il
Sun Jun 22 02:27:26 PDT 2008

We are running perl 5.8.5 on a Linux machine that is running apache 2.2.6 with mod_perl 2.0.3.  Our data is in a MySQL database (MySQL 5.0.45)

We have been asked to write a web application that requires plotting capabilities.  We do most of our web programming in perl so I am looking for a perl module that has the following features:
1. ability to create histograms
2. ability to create x,y plots
3. ability to zoom in on a portion of the graph
4. ability to calculate the distance between 2  points on the graph
5. ability to hover on a point and bring up some text

Does anyone have any suggestions for which perl modules we should look into?

Thanks for any information.

--

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
malki.cymbalista at weizmann.ac.il
08-934-3036