[Israel.pm] graphics in perl

Malka Cymbalista Malki.Cymbalista at weizmann.ac.il
Sun Jun 22 02:27:26 PDT 2008

We are running perl 5.8.5 on a Linux machine that is running apache 2.2.6 with mod_perl 2.0.3.  Our data is in a MySQL database (MySQL 5.0.45)

We have been asked to write a web application that requires plotting capabilities.  We do most of our web programming in perl so I am looking for a perl module that has the following features:
1. ability to create histograms
2. ability to create x,y plots
3. ability to zoom in on a portion of the graph
4. ability to calculate the distance between 2  points on the graph
5. ability to hover on a point and bring up some text

Does anyone have any suggestions for which perl modules we should look into?

Thanks for any information.

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
malki.cymbalista at weizmann.ac.il