[Israel.pm] function prototypes

Mikhael Goikhman migo at homemail.com
Wed Jun 11 05:25:38 PDT 2008

On 11 Jun 2008 11:44:39 +0300, sawyer x wrote:
> There is only one reason to use prototypes and that's for nifty and
> nice looking functions that don't require parenthesis

You forgot to add "IMHO", because without it this clame is false.

I always use prototypes for the "look and immediately have an idea about
the function arguments" reason. IMHO seeing ($$$;$$) in the function
definition rather than just a function name makes the code a lot more
readable. And of course, if you have a good use for (&...) or (\$...),
then why not? :) Well, I don't need to repeat what I already said once
to support function prototypes: