[Israel.pm] [Pre-Ann] Next OSDClub Tel Aviv Meetings: "Cool Ruby" and "Open Source Licences"

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon Jul 14 11:31:02 PDT 2008

Hi all!

This is a pre-announcement that the Tel Aviv OSDClub (Open Source Developers
Club - a merger of the Tel Aviv Linux club and Perl-Israel meetings), will
hold the following meetings:

1. http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/Tel_Aviv_Meeting_on_27_July_2008 - Ido
Kanner on "Ruby - Cool Stuff and What You Need to Know to Get Started".

This presentation covers different material than the one that Mikhael Goikhman
covered in his "Foreign Languages: Ruby" presentation back at the time for
the Perl Mongers ( http://migo.sixbit.org/papers/Introduction_to_Ruby/ ).
Ruby people (CCed to this message) may wish to attend too, to comment.

2. A week later (due to the 9 of Av) we will have:

http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/Tel_Aviv_Meeting_on_03_August_2008 -
Jonathan Klinger (Attorney in Law) will talk about "Free Software Licences -
Overview and History". This will be useful to understand the philosophical,
legal, and practical differences between the various Licences (BSDL, X11L,
GPLv2, GPLv3, LGPLv2, LGPLv3, Apache, MPL, Artistic1, Artistic2.0, etc.) and
which is compatible with which.

More information can be found on the links. If you need rides or can give
them, then add your information to the wiki pages. In any other problems,
feel free to contact me:

http://www.shlomifish.org/me/contact-me/