[Israel.pm] OSDC Israel 2009 - Call for organizers

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:07:58 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il> wrote:
> In any case, I am willing to help with the organisation of the conference.
>
> It's just that I still think having a separate track for each of Perl, Python,
> Ruby, and PHP as you proposed in the previous attempt is:
>
> 1. Divide and Conquer.

It wasn't my intention.
While I think there will be lots of talks that are interesting only to
people in one
of the languages - people from the industry will most likely be
interested only in
talks that are "usable now and immediately" but I certainly would like to have
talks (or sets of talks) that mix people.

> 2. Does not give enough room for C/C++, Java/.NET, JavaScript, Lua/Io/etc.,
> Haskell/O'Caml, Scala/Clojure/Bo/other-JVM-or-CLR-langs, etc.
>
> I suggest selecting topics like "QA and test automation" or "GUI programming"
> and then allocating presentations in each of them.

Great, one of the things I started on the conference wiki
http://act.osdc.org.il/osdc2009il/wiki?node=RequestedTalks
is to get such ideas listed. I am going to send an e-mail out with
this request soon but it would be good if you already added your
ideas to that page.

> Anyway, I'm willing to help. I can help in publicity, logistics, etc.

publicity is always welcome. Write as much as possible about the conference
both in Hebrew and English and post a link to your writing on the PR page
on the conference wiki:
http://act.osdc.org.il/osdc2009il/wiki?node=PublicRelations

regards

Gabor Szabo http://szabgab.com/blog.html